Xiaomi Redmi 10 Review
Introduction and Specifications
Although the Redmi sub-brand has entered the upper mid-tier category as well as the lower floors of the high-end market, Xiaomi’s most popular weapon is the vanilla Redmi series and possibly the Redmi Note family as well. And Redmi 10 appears to be a worthy successor to the popular series that offers a significant upgrade over the Redmi 9 and adds some notable features that are particularly hard to find in this price range.
For around $160-180, you’ll receive a set of stereo speakers, a high refresh rate 90Hz display, reverse wired charging at 9W, a 50MP main camera and a dedicated microSD card slot to complement the generous 64GB internal storage within the price range. This is on top of the basic specifications that you usually want to see in a budget device.
A glimpse of the specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 10:
- Body: 162.0 x 75.5 x 8.9 mm, 181 grams; Gorilla Glass 3 front, plastic back and plastic frame.
- Screen: 6.50″ LCD, 90Hz, 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 405 pixels per inch.
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G88 (12 nm): octa-core (2 x 2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 and 6 x 1.8 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali- G52 MC2.
- Memory: 64 GB 4 GB RAM, 128 GB 4 GB RAM, 128 GB 6 GB RAM; eMMC 5.1; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- Operating System/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.5.
- Rear camera: Wide (main) : 50 MP, f / 1.8, PDAF; Ultra wide angle : 8 MP, f / 2.2, 120 °; Macro : 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth : 2 MP, f / 2.4.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f / 2.0, (wide).
- Video capture: Rear camera : 1080p at 30fps; Front camera : 1080p @ 30fps.
- Battery: 5000 mAh. 18W fast charging, 9W reverse charging.
- misc: fingerprint reader (side-mounted); FM radio; Infrared port 3.5 mm jack.
The best part is that the Redmi 10 does not go crazy with the higher price compared to the Redmi 9 when it was launched. However, the 10 is progressing from its predecessor in almost every aspect. Even the chipset has been revised to support a 90Hz 1080p+ screen. In fact, this is the first MediaTek Helio G88 powered smartphone on the market.
Redmi 10 is a special device that democratizes premium features, which until now have been reserved for more expensive phones. The Redmi and Redmi Note lineups are packed with devices that are really worth getting excited about. So follow us on the following pages to discover what makes the Redmi 10 tick.
Unlock the Xiaomi Redmi 10 case
The device comes in a standard box with everything you would normally expect. You have a USB-C to USB-A cable for charging and data transfer, a 22.5W rated brick for charging and a clear silicone case.
Keep in mind that the phone doesn’t actually support 22.5W fast charging, maxing out at 18W, but Xiaomi supplies most of its mid-range phones with the same 22.5W charger to cut manufacturing costs.
Special thanks to ‘Xiaomi official store’ on Aliexpress for providing the review unit!