Samsung Galaxy A52 5G Review
The beautiful Galaxy A52 also comes in a 5G flavor, but unlike the cheaper Galaxy A32 duo, where the LTE and 5G versions cost the same and come with a lower-end display and camera, the A52 5G really brings upgrades and raises prices. Samsung chose the Snapdragon 750 5G chip for the Galaxy A52 5G, and also equipped it with a Super AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 120 Hz, in addition to the main 5G connection.
That’s pretty much where the differences end with the rest of the A52 duo’s joint spec sheet. This means that the Galaxy A52 5G offers a water-resistant body and an attractive matte back. Super AMOLED has HDR10+ support, while the camera setup looks solid on paper. The 64MP primary camera has optical image stabilization and can zoom in at 2x lossless, while the 12MP ultra-wide camera has a larger sensor than most cameras in this price range.
Premium speakers, stereo speakers, a large battery with relatively fast charging, a fingerprint scanner located under the display, a 3.5mm jack and rich connectivity options conclude. Not a bad package at all.
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G Specifications Glimpse:
- Body: 159.9 x 75.1 x 8.4 mm, 189 grams; glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic back; IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1 meter for 30 minutes).
- Screen: 6.50 inches Super AMOLED, 120 Hz, 800 nits (HBM), resolution 1080 x 2400 pixels, aspect ratio 20: 9, 407 ppi.
- Chipset : Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm): Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570); Adreno 619.
- Memory: 128 GB 6 GB RAM, 128 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 8 GB RAM; microSDXC (uses a shared SIM slot).
- Operating System/Software: Android 11, One UI 3.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main) : 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.7″, 0.8 µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra- wide angle : 12 MP, f/2.2, 123°, 1.12 µm; Macro : 5 MP, f/2.4, Depth : 5 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 32 mega pixels , f / 2.2, 26 mm (width) / 1, 2.8 “, 0.8 micrometer.
- Video capture: Rear camera : 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; gyro EIS. Front camera : 4K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 30fps.
- Battery: 4500 mAh. Fast charging 25W, 50% in 30 minutes (advertised).
- misc: fingerprint reader (under display, optical); 3.5 mm jack default proximity sensor.
The Galaxy A52 5G looks like a nice mid-ranger with some notable goodies on top like the primary camera with OIS, IP67 rated chassis, and 120Hz AMOLED. However, the chipset raises a question mark – the Snapdragon 750 5G isn’t slow, but there are much faster options in this price range and we’re not sure it will handle 1080p 120Hz pressure perfectly.
We’ll find out by the time we finish this review. Now let’s not waste any more time and get started!
Galaxy A52 5G Unboxing
The Galaxy A52 5G ships in a plain paper box and the package is absolutely basic – 15W charger and USB cable. That’s it – no case, no protector.
The contents of the box are the same as the vanilla Galaxy A52 and a bunch of other low-end models. The A52 and A52 5G both support 25W fast charging, but if you want faster charging, you will have to pay extra for it. Only Galaxy A72 and gets a 25W adapter in the box. Then again, the S21 series didn’t get that, so it could be worse as well.