Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G Review
Introduction and Specifications
The Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G was launched along with the vanilla Reno6 5G and Reno6 Pro + 5G in May in China and a few months later we can see the phones on the shelves outside the country as well. However, the Pro+ did not make it to the Indian shores and Oppo has not shared any plans to launch it elsewhere.
After all, the Reno6 Pro is supposed to offer a similar user experience to its more expensive sibling, the Plus model. The difference in slides and cameras. The standard edition offers a Pro Dimensity 1200 SoC instead of the Snapdragon 870 and a typical mid-range camera setup unlike the flagship sensors offered by the Pro+.
A quick overview of the specifications of the Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G:
- Body: 160.0 x 73.1 x 7.6 mm, 177 g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back, metal frame.
- Screen: 6.55 inch AMOLED, 90 Hz, HDR10 +, 500 nits (type), 800 nits (HBM), resolution 1080 x 2400 pixels, aspect ratio 20: 9, 402 ppi.
- الرقاقة: MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G (6 nm): Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)؛ مالي- G77 MC9.
- Memory: 128 GB RAM 8 GB, 256 GB 12 GB RAM; UFS 2.1 – International, UFS 3.1 – China.
- Operating System/Software: Android 11, ColorOS 11.3.
- Rear camera: Wide (main) : 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, 1/2.0″, 0.7µm, PDAF; Ultra- wide angle : 8 MP, f/2.2, 120°, 1/4.0″ , 1.12 µm; Macro : 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth : 2 MP, f / 2.4.
- Front camera: 32 mega pixels , f / 2.4, 26 mm (width) / 1, 2.8 “, 0.8 micrometer.
- Video capture: Rear camera : 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; Gyro EIS, HDR; Front camera : 1080p @ 30fps.
- Battery: 4500 mAh. 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging.
- misc: fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC.
However, the Reno6 Pro 5G is a well-placed device with a premium look and feel and an efficient and competitive device as well. A bright 90Hz AMOLED display, a sufficient 4500mAh battery with 65W ultra-fast charging and a high-level Dimensity 1200 chipset from MediaTek.
If these specs and designs sound familiar, it’s because they are largely unchanged from the previous version of the phone, the Reno5 Pro 5G, which was launched in December 2020. The new Reno reuses the screen, cameras, and overall design, raising the battery capacity very slightly. It adopts the same charging technology. The most notable change will be the chipset, which is more powerful and more efficient than the Dimensity 1000+ from last year.
We took the Reno6 Pro 5G on a spin to see how it feels as a daily driver and see if anything else has changed from the Reno5 Pro 5G that the spec sheet can’t reflect.
Unlock the Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G case
The phone comes in standard packaging with the usual user manuals, a USB-A to USB-C cable for charging and data transfer, as well as the appropriate 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 charger.
There’s also the usual clear silicone case inside the box so the funky paint job doesn’t stay hidden. Since the device has no 3.5mm audio jack and no USB-C to 3.5mm dongle, Oppo has introduced a pair of USB-C earbuds.